Sunday, December 28, 2014

Snowdays in November?

All teachers love snow days, but after 7 last year and 2 this week, I feel like its just one long winter and its only November.  Lake Erie is dumping lake effect snow on Western New York.  I haven't seen a plow since 3:30am on Tuesday.  I attempted to snowblow yesterday and wasn"t successful.  The snow is heavy and deep, and was blowing.  Tomorrow they are predicting 2 more feet. 

Evan is disappointed he missed both of his gym days this week and they are playing hockey.  Sara is just happy to play and do crafts all day long (read between the lines create mess after mess}.  So yesterday I made Minestone and a roast in the crockpots, baked chocolate chip cookies, and made 3 batches of frosting for Sara's birthday. 

Her birthday falls on Thanksgiving so we are having a friend party at Bounce Magic on Tuesday night.  Sara only has 5 other girls in her class, so we will have a total of 9 kids at the party.  It is not cheap to have the party, but I figured we are not doing a family party. and last year by the time I purchased pizza for both parties, drinks, snacks, decorations my expense is pretty simple. 

No comments:

Post a Comment