Tuesday, December 30, 2014

5 Year Check up

I usually do checkups close to the kids birthdays but this year I am a month late.  Sara went today and I gritted my teeth the entire day there.  I am so nervous about this crazy flu going around.  Everyone I speak with says they have it over a week.  So we arrived armed with Clorox wipes, sanitizer and strict instructions not to touch anything.  Sara is such a good listener! She even wanted to sit on my lap because she didn't want to touch anything. 

The benches in the office are covered in fabric cushions and they just scream germs to me.  So I told her not to even sit on them.  Well she measured in at 37lbs fully clothed (28%) and 42 3/4 inches (52%).  She is completely healthy and her vision and hearing was fine.  Evans will be in a few weeks he is still only 41 lbs!  Finding pants that fit is still impossible and he hates adjustable waist pants. 

We had a busy day we started by taking my car in for some minor issues.  One thing that didn't get resolved is the hands free on my car is not compatible with the iPhone 6.  After waiting forever to get a smartphone I am really annoyed that it doesn't since with my Accord.  I do love the phone though, but it is a huge waste of time.  The kids asked if we could go for lunch and Sara chose Moe's.  We picked up a Wendy's chicken nugget meal for Evan and Sara had a cheese and lettuce taco and I had a chicken salad.  From there we headed for a haircut with Evan and had a long wait.  We came home for an hour and then I headed to the Pediatricians with Sara.   After that Sara and I went to Target to pick up a few Cartwheel deals and a few 70% off Christmas deals.  Sara is making crafts as I type that we picked up for $1.50.  We also bought Evan a few packs of Football cards. 

He is obsessed with football, he is reading the sports pages in the paper each day.  For Christmas he received a Buffalo Bills helmet, jersey, and football pants.  He has worn this everyday.  He had me put Jim Kelly's #12 on the back of it.  On February 14th, Jim Kelly holds an event in memory of his son, called Hunter's Day of Hope.  So we already have it on the calendar he is so excited to meet Jim.  My first accounting job our firm prepared the taxes of lots of Buffalo Bills and I had the chance to meet many of them.  At one point I almost dated one, but decided to stick with Marc!  Now  he is very bald and lives in the Midwest.  I would have never survived living that far from my family!   Evan loves to hear about the super bowl days of the Bills and what players we have met.  Orchard Park and Hamburg are a small community and we often run into players on our trips to Wegmans or Target.   I don't usually know who they are but there presence is obvious.  The diamonds on the wives usually stand out too! 

Evan is busy playing Madden 15 and building legos.  Sara is busy with crafts, playing school, playing board games and playing with Evan.  Yesterday they played so well upstairs with Evan's football cards he sorted 150 cards into the teams that I actually had an hour nap on the couch!  Progress in our household.

No comments:

Post a Comment