Sunday, December 28, 2014

Happy Holidays

These days go by so quickly.  Even with a 13 day break last month due to snow and almost two weeks this month, I feel like time is moving so fast.  The kids are growing up so quickly.
Santa visit


5 Teeth gone so far!
Evan is turning into a young man and outgrowing his little boy stage.  He shows such gratitude for little things and he makes me so proud.  When we had our snow days I allowed him to stay up and watch a Monday night football game and he has thanked me numerous times for this.  He catches me off guard with his gracious behavior at times and makes me so happy.  Prior to Christmas Sara was asking for everything under the sun.  Evan would say Mom I can wait for Christmas as Sara would be begging for a toy or something at the store. 


Cheerleading with the Varsity cheerleaders
Sara also has her moments of kindness.  We visited the zoo this weekend and Evan dropped his box of popcorn on the way out and Sara said "its ok Bud I have lots left and we can share".  The bud comes from me calling him it all the time.  For all the drama and arguments they have they are still best friends.  A few weeks ago , Sara spent the night at my Mom's and Evan was very upset that she would be gone for the night and teared up over it. 

Christmas was exciting and magical.  The Sunday prior to Christmas Sara and I went to mass and they announced they needed volunteers to clean and decorate the church.  Sara looked at me and said she wanted to help.  So we returned to the church after dinner and scrubbed pews.  She was a trooper. 

The kids had so much fun looking for Gordon the elf.  I even ordered a girl elf from Macy's for next year.  She was 75% off so since these innocent years won't last much longer I decided to make her happy.   All year she said I wish Gordon was a girl and I could of named her.  I also picked up 2 skirts for her at Barnes and Noble. 


Student of the Month - Character trait Hospitality
Evan and Marc have been playing xbox Madden 15 football together and having a blast.  Sara and I have been playing school everyday.  She is also enamored with the American Girl doll we gave her for her birthday. 




Sara's Christmas party


We have one more week off and the flu is rampant with lots of our friends.  I had planned on taking her to see Annie this week but am a little nervous about sitting in a movie theatre.  I am trying to avoid it.  Each year we have Marc's cousins over and they have had it for 2 weeks!  Stomach and respiratory and they have a bad habit of coming sick and getting us sick every year.  This year after hearing they were at the Doctors on Friday and planning to come to our house on Friday I asked to postpone it a week.  Hopefully it works!

We have had such a warm Christmas break, its been in the 50's every day.  The kids are disappointed.  We all received snow shoes for Christmas and they are eager to try them out.  Tomorrow Evan and I are going to head to BJ's for a few things, unfortunately our local BJ's was damaged during the storm and isn't reopening until March.  So we will have to go to the one 30minutes away to stock up on the bacon the kids love and Cascade!  I bought a membership on Groupon that I need to redeem before the 31st. 

1 comment:

  1. Glad you guys had a good Christmas! I hear you on getting sick when visiting with relatives. It happens to us every year as well. Hope you guys can stay healthy this time!

    ReplyDelete