Monday, March 17, 2014

Snow Days...

This is a post from February... I'm a bit behind

These snow days seem to be endless.  I never thought I would complain about to many snowdays.  We have had 4 this month and one in December, I am pretty sure we will have another one tomorrow.  The kids love being home and I do get lots done, but my work load at school is another story.  We were supposed to administer tests to the high school students this week.  In between proctoring exams we can work on our materials, grade our own midterms, and finish first semester grades.  Losing two days this week is not ideal.  So far the rumor is we won't have to make up days.  Our contract is 188 days and NY requires 180 days.  I guess we will have to see what happens. 
     Today we celebrated with snow cones (made with ice not the snow outside).  Last year while wishing for a snow day I told the kids we could celebrate with snow cones.  They never let me forget it.  We worked on hats for crazy hat day on Thursday.  This week is Catholic school week and the kids are missing all of the fun days.   Tomorrow Evan is supposed to go the movie theatre (there is one a block away from the school).  Today the Bishop was going to visit the school. 

   Marc called around 9am and said he forgot to pack enough clothes for the week.  He is usually gone 2 night a week.  His company was taken over and last week he was gone 4 nights in a row, he went from Buffalo to Philly  to Detroit to Ohio and finally home.  I am hoping this week won't be so long.  Today he went back to Philly.  So I had to meet him near the big mall so I ran into JCP's, Old Navy and Michaels.  Our JCP had really nice stainless cookware for 9.97 per piece.  Since my pots were 15 years old and looking pretty rough I splurged and for $50 I have almost a complete set.  The only pot I am missing is the 8quart pot.  Unfortunately they didn't have it. I will take our old ones to our cottage where we lack quite a few pots and pans.   I didn't find anything at Old Navy but I was only looking for a super hero shirt for Sara.  Tomorrow is Super Hero day, so she is content to wear Evan's sweatshirt instead of a pink girl shirt.  At Michaels' I picked up some foam hats and some decoration's for them.  Sara and I had fun decorating, we even took pictures from the school site and laminated the teacher pictures.  Our plan is to attach them like a rainbow over the top with pipe cleaners.  I am sure they will be thrilled to see yearbook pictures... NOT... I hate when my students look at the old ones! 

No comments:

Post a Comment