Monday, November 19, 2012

Surprise!

No, I'm not pregnant.  As much as I love my children, 4 pregnancies have been enough.  Today Evan had a half day and I picked him up during my lunch.  When we opened his backpack he had a letter addressed to Marc and I.  Well he was chosen for Student of the Month for the character of behavior.  I am such a proud Mommy today, out of the 21 students in his class he was chosen for this.  Evan is very well behaved in school, unfortunately if he is tired or hungry this doesn't carry over to home. 
     I also had his parent teacher conference this afternoon.  His teacher had nothing but positive things as far as his academics go they only negatives were that he had a hard time identifying lowercase q, and a hexagon.  Other than that he is exceeding all the goals for pre-k.  Last week he asked us how to write I love you, and then wrote us each a note with it on it.  He also wrote I love you Santa Claus this weekend after I had written it for him to copy.  He is a little sponge at school.  I had some concerns about his socialization because he tells me he doesn't always play with the other kids.  His teacher told me he will often ask the kids that are to shy to play with him.  He avoids the loud obnoxious kids.  Evan will often complain to me that the kids are very loud, and I'm glad he avoids this group.  I know that there are a few kids that should have IEP's and the parents refuse to have them tested.  I'm sure one is on the autism spectrum and the other is very defiant.  Hopefully they won't continue at our school next year. 
    Evan has a half day again tomorrow so I'll pick him up and take him to Sara's sitter for the afternoon.  I made the mistake of promising happy meals, something that is no longer a cheap lunch.  Tonight I said lets go for pizza, thinking we would just get two slices.  The kids asked if we could get french fries and then Sara decided she didn't want pizza.  So our cheap date turned into $18 for chicken fingers, fries, a slice of pizza, and two drinks, I knew I should have just popped a frozen pizza in the oven!

1 comment:

  1. What a very sweet surprise! I imagine you'll be saving that for many years to come. :-) How wonderful that he is doing so well, but I have to say I'm not surprised. :-)

    ReplyDelete