Friday, August 3, 2012

Binky Fairy

Crossing my fingers that our pacifiers are off to the Binky Fairy.  We have been talking about it the past few weeks and I cut the ends off a few.  Sara keeps telling everyone no more binkys and no more diapers.  She equates getting rid of the two things to being a big girl.  We have promised her the Jake and the Neverland Pirates ship if she gets rid of her Binkys.  Today she told me no more binkys so we decorated a lunch bag with stickers and filled it with all the binky's.  She put it in the mailbox after the mailman had delivered todays mail.  She had me double check the mailbox twice to see if they were gone.  They were Grandma hid them in my car.  She didn't nap tonight and after a complete meltdown has fallen asleep on the couch. 

Hopefully we can make it through the night.  Marc doesn't agree with my cold turkey approach, but Evan streched his out until 3.5 years old and I can't let her keep it that long.  Hoping she is so exhausted she will survive night one, she does look for it first thing in the AM.  So we will see how early she awakes. 

Slowly working on my list of summer projects, I ordered a new refrigerator this week and its getting delivered on Monday.  Our fridge is still running strong and its almost 14 years old.  It is to small and the only non stainless steel appliance in our kitchen.  I though when we built this house in 2006 it wouldn't survive the move but it has kept on ticking.  Next big purchase is a new car and I'm still undecided between the Accord and Oddysey.  The huge difference in price has me torn, we really don't travel except once a year to my MIL's.  It would be nice to be able to put someone else in the backseat of the car.  Both kids are so light we will be in carseats for a while still.  Evan is 32 pounds and Sara is 26.  Booster seats recommend 40 pounds.  At the rate Evan is gaining that could be years!  We do have the Britax seats so they can stay in them for quite some time, unfortuantely they are very bulky. 

1 comment:

  1. I hope the cold turkey approach works! We're going to have to get the thumb guards back out for Nadia as I am DETERMINED that she will give this habit up totally before she turns 5. Although Ian's feeding issues have been a pain, one upside is that he didn't have either habit (paci or thumb).

    ReplyDelete