Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Halfway Point...

Where does the time go?  Summer vacation is half over.  I love being home with the kids and love being lazy without a schedule.  Evan was called to model at Fisher Price this week, a Mavis the train from the Thomas Line.  He has been waiting to be called because he wanted to buy the Gotham City Jail for batman.  My nephew gave him the batcave and I purchased the small batcave on the right after his allergy appointment.  Sara chose Princess and the Potty.  Its hilarious, the doll sits on a potty and when she does it looks like there is #1 and #2 in the potty, there is a lever to flush and it turns back to blue water.  The neighborhood kids were enthralled with it.

My Dad is back at Roswell he was running a fever on Saturday and was admitted and has had to receive a transfusion and platelets each day.  He ran out of clean pajamas this evening and I offered to deliver them if my Mom would watch the kids, instead she said why don't we all go.  It takes about 25 minutes to get there.  So we brought the kids into the hospital.  They have never been there before.  Evan was very sad.  Hopefully next time my Dad calls to talk to him he will spend a little more time speaking to him now that he has seen how lonely Grandpa is.       Sara wanted to know how Grandpa would get home.  She was very happy to see him.  The kids usually see my parents every day.  Its been difficult because they haven't been able to have any physical contact with him since April.  Sara loves to sit on Grandpas lap and hasn't been able too. 
     We purchased Evan's backpack from Lands End via Sears today.  His school supply list is almost complete.  I can't believe my baby will be at school everyday.  They grow up way to fast.  Today we had gymnastics and Sara only cried once.  She burst into tears and I took her to the bathroom and she told me she wanted to go home but luckily after that she stayed for the rest of the class. During the previous classes it happened multiple times and  I had to sit out in the gym with her several times.  Its surprising because she is so independent.  Last Friday my high school girlfriend came over and brought her Freshman daughter.  Her daughter babysat while we went for dinner.  It was fantastic we will have to do it more often.   A whole new meaning to BYOB - Bring your own babysitter!  I guess having our kids years after all our friends will have some perks.  Another couple that was in our wedding had their son graduate from high school this year.  They always offer to bring there daughter to babysit when we go out.  I think I'll take them up on it next time. 

     The last picture is from our blueberry picking trip.  We picked 16 pounds in less than an hour.  Sara and I have been eating lots of blueberries.    I gave away lots of blueberries to my parents, my aunt, and our neighbors.  I froze enough for blueberry muffins but surprisingly we are almost out of the fresh ones and I considered going picking again.  Maybe if it cools off this week.   


No comments:

Post a Comment