Sunday, March 18, 2012

Summertime fun.... in March




We had 75+ degrees this entire weekend and its forecasted for the entire week. I must say I'm loving global warming if this is what it is. Living in the snowbelt of NY and having a snowless winter, a great lake that never froze, and no wearing shorts in March we are experiencing complete bliss. The only downsize is Evan has very bad seasonal allergies and he started taking Allegra already. We make sure to have him shower each night and I'm constantly washing his jackets. Now if the lawn would dry up it would be perfect.

The kids are so funny Sara will tell Evan "no get away", the other morning my mom asked Sara how she was and she responded "pretty good". Evan is full of imagination and talks and plays nonstop. The other day he asked Marc how come your old and mom isn't? Love him!

Marc has had the stomache flu all weekend, but at least we have been able to get out of the house. The kids and I did some shopping for spring clothes at Old Navy, Children's Place and Gymboree. I always thought Gymboree was expensive until I experienced the sale deals. I have found I can buy things on sale there cheaper than at a consignment sale. This weekend they had 30% off everything and had brought out boxes of past season clothes, I had a 20% coupon they combined and then earned $50 gymbucks to use on a later purchase (Gymbucks will take $50 off a $100 purchase) I haven't had great luck with Evans clothes there as he becomes pickier but can buy lots of adorable outfits for Sara.

The Mothertime Marketplace sale ended and I only had 11 items left over, there were probably 10 that weren't accepted for stains I missed, and another 5 or so that the kids had pulled out or I forgot. So overall we ended up making $490, and I forgot to bring the highchair that I can sell on Craigslist now and make more money. It feels really good to have it out of our basement.

1 comment:

  1. The weather HAS been lovely. I think it's warmer where you are than here in PA! I agree with Evan that my allergies have started acting up. I haven't had much luck with Gymboree, but maybe I'll have to give it another try. Your consignment sale was AMAZING. Wow! My experience with consignment shops and yard sales wasn't good at all in terms of effort vs. amount of $$ I got. I did better on eBay and Craigslist, but it takes a lot of time so I'll probably just donate in the future, but I'd do a consignment sale if I could make as much as you did!

    ReplyDelete