Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentine's



<>

We had a fun weekend being home and being lazy. The weather was winter like for a change even though we only had a few inches of snow. It was nice to enjoy staying home. Evan and I made bird feeders for Valentine gifts for his teachers and babysitter. They were so easy to make we found them on this blog. We made them and they firmed up pretty quickly after putting them in the garage to chill. I flipped them over on a cookie rack and let them dry overnight. Evan was very proud to give them to his teachers today.


The teachers must have filled the valentine bags with all the students goodies while they played in the gym. We opened it when I came home for lunch and Evan told me all of my friends must love me. He is so sweet. Sara was anxious to dig into the treats! Evan was good and shared with her. He discovered he loves rice krispie treats. Its funny because they made theses in the fall at school and Evan refused to try them. I bought them premade in CARS packages last year because he insisted he would try them and he refused. So tonight he was in tears that I didn't have any cereal to make any. I guess I'll run out tomorrow and pick some up and it'll be our valentine treat!

Each day Sara tells us Grandma back. She misses Marc's mom, so sweet. We are contemplating making the 16 hour drive to Charleston over Easter we haven't driven down since we were dating. I was thinking if we drive 7-8 hours the first day and then stay at a hotel with a pool it may make it bearable. The flights are outrageous, it would cost us almost 2k to fly and then we would have to rent a car for the week. I need to break down an purchase a new car so I'd rather have a few miserable days of travel and put the money towards a new car. I'm not quite sure what I want but I hate car shopping and have been procrastinating it. It was bad enough without kids but shopping with kids/or while they are with a sitter does not sound fun.


Sara has her valentine party on Wednesday so it'll be fun to see her reaction. I bought them each two new books, Sara has a new puzzle, and Evan some Kung Fu Panda action figures he has been wanting. My mom gave him a Lego set today with 143 pieces. He sat at the table for 20 minutes attempting it before he asked for help. He is doing really well with them and is so patient. My mom has been knitting Sara some mittens and its been a winter long project due to everything going on with her and my Dad well she finally finished them and Sara was very happy and proud to wear them. So sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment