Friday, February 2, 2018

Weekly visits to the Pediatiricians

Since Mid -December I have taken Sara to the Pediatricians 6 times and we are scheduled to go again on Friday.  This is crazy.  Now she has a virus and is running a fever between 100 -103.  Poor Sara is so wiped out.  For the second year in a row she has missed Catholic Schools Week.  She insisted on dressing up this am and wanted me to send her picture to her teacher.  I tried to console her that each year we have made something really fantastic for school spirit day and once she gets to wear them she will have the best costume ever!

She does have a book report due on the 15th and she gets to dress like the character.  Sara chose Laura Ingalls Wilder since we had purchased a flannel nightgown and a bonnet last year.

I would have loved to have taken a sick day this week to be with Sara.  It was the start of the new semester and my Department had a curriculum day planned for today.  So my Mom has had Sara the past few days.  Thank goodness for her.  She is a lifesaver over and over again.

Evan has been a trooper this month.  I feel bad that I make him head to bed early when Marc isn't home and Sara is crying that she needs to sleep with me or fall asleep with me.  Part of the Mono has made her very clingy.  I have missed looking over his homework a few times this month.  He has a very intense teacher this year.  Her grading is not very forgiving.  For example if they are late (4th graders forget their homework) or if they don't put their name on it, or do anything except math in pencil she takes off 5 points.  She is teaching them responsibility but is very strict for a bunch of 9 year olds.  I am the opposite as a teacher and am very flexible.  But... I do teach electives.

This afternoon I called Sara and asked if anything sounded good.  She said Chipotle might.  So I picked it up on my lunch and she ate 2/3 of a very small taco.  Tonight she ate 1 3/4 more tacos.  That is the most she has eaten in days.  I am desperate to get anything into her.  Our freezer is filled with her favorite ice cream treats, frozen yogurt, and popsicles.  She has been living on Chicken noodle soup and bread this past month.  Its not because I don't make my own soup, I do.  She has been extremely hard to feed and only a few things appeal to her.  Luckily one of them has been apples.  I'm crossing my fingers that she is back to school next week.  I did make sub plans for Monday just in case.

She hasn't been to dance or gymnastics in a month and I originally planned on having her return to dance this week but unless there is a huge improvement in the next two days we will be waiting even longer.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you are all feeling better ASAP - especially Sara! Four of the five of us are sick, but our bug isn't as long lasting as mono.

    ReplyDelete