Wednesday, September 28, 2016

One month down...

Is it bad that I am excited that September is over?   It is always such a crazy month.  There have been weeks where I have had something every night.  The kids are playing on two different soccer teams that practice on different nights and have games on either Saturday or Sunday.  Sara has Ballet on Tuesdays and Gymnastics on Wednesdays.  Thursdays I have had to the concession stands at the JV Football games.  We have had our Academy of Finance kickoff barbeque, open house, and the kids meet the teacher night.

My poor hanging baskets haven't been watered once this week, and I don't care.  We started out the month with our front load washing machine gasket tearing in half.  The washer is 5 years old and has been a nightmare since it passed the warranty phase.  So Labor day I shopped for a new machine.  I bought a top load and its nice but very deep and I am not that tall. 

At the end of August I had planned to have the carpets cleaned at our cottage.  Our new neighbors mentioned they have a commercial carpet cleaner for the pharmacy they own.  It was a great machine and a huge savings to do it ourselves.  The down point was I was moving a table and forgot there was a large piece of coral (5 lbs or more) and it fell on my foot.  My toes were sore and gashed but it was in the middle of the shampooing so I ignored it.  Once school started the pain increased and I went to an Emergency Care center.  They took x-rays and said they thought it was a bruised bone and told me to see my Dr. if it continued.  I ended up seeing my Dr. since I have only been wearing one pair of tight shoes that make if bearable.  I am seeing an orthopedic Dr. tomorrow.  It was the first appointment I could get.  The good news is its feeling much better. 

The Sunday after Labor Day my brother who lives with my mom called me.  He NEVER calls me.  I thought it was about my kids and he said I think Mom needs to talk to you.  Well I called her back on the home phone and she said something was wrong she couldn't remember anything.  I rushed to her house and she said something isn't right I don't remember anything I did today. We had went to church that morning and she couldn't even remember what day it was.  I said lets go get in the car.  As I drove about a mile I called a friend who is the head trauma nurse at a hospital in Buffalo.  She told me to call 911 it could be a stroke.  Well after hours and hours at the hospital she was diagnosed with Global Transient Amnesia  .  She was released and everything thankfully has been ok since then.  Just a completely crazy night.  We made it home at 2:45 am and I had to be at school for my first class at 8:10.... and exhausting week.

I am now trying to get my class officers ready for homecoming.  October 14th we will spend the day building a float and the 15th will be homecoming dance.  The 15th is also my Birthday.  Being the Sophomore class advisor is a very stressful September and October  but it pays very well and the rest of the year is very easy. 

I am debating taking Sara and Evan to NYC for Veterans day.  Sara is dying to go the American Girl store for her birthday.  As expensive as they are they are beautiful dolls and she plays with them every day.  Seeing that we haven't taken them to Disney yet I can somewhat justify this.  I am still on the fence.  I would also take them to see the Radio City Christmas Spectacular.  Marc has zero interest in going to NY.  This is the first year I haven't had to take my students to Chicago or NY. 


No comments:

Post a Comment