Monday, July 20, 2015

Summer Fun

I love summer vacation and we try to do something each day.  So far we had our Florida Vacation, many trips to the village pool, trips to the Gallagher Beach playground, weekends at the cottage, lots of ice cream, reading at the playground with our school, the Minion movie. We have had many playdates too.   This summer the kids are so easy they are completely on their own in the pool.  I am still watching with a close eye but they both go off the diving board and are confident enough to swim everywhere. 

In Florida we caught Judy Moody and the Not Bummer Summer.  In this movie Judy create a point system and if they reach 100 it is will not be a boring summer.  Well Evan is very motivated by this.  So far he has earned points for learning to dive, going off the diving board, scoring goals in soccer, going down the pool slide, trying some new food.  He is playing flag football and soccer.  I told him he can earn 25 points for learning to ride his bike. 

He has the same coach for each of them and loves him.  They are very small groups and the coach is very positive with the kids.  So last week he scored two goals in the mini soccer game.  He has never scored in a game before.  Sara was bummed that she didn't score, maybe this week. 

Evan is the youngest playing football but has lots of fun.  The downside is it has been very rainy so the past two weeks we have been in a very hot gym for an hour and a half each week.  Tomorrow he heads to the orthodontist to see what we will need to do for his open bite. 

Saturday I thought we would go to the cottage but Marc wanted to do some things around the house.  I had picked up 2 gallons of paint at Sherwin Williams and planned to paint our morning room.  Well I decided to tape it off (I tape everything when I paint I used an entire roll!).  Marc still wasn't done with his projects so I started painting.  Sunday morning I finished the room.  We have a high peak in the middle and its around 20 feet tall.  So we have this mammoth ladder and I really couldn't do it during the week without being stuck with a ladder in the house all week.  So it feels really good to have it completed.  I think I will paint the spare bedroom next.  The only rooms unpainted so far will be our bedroom and master bath, the living room, and the front foyer and upstairs hall.  The front  foyer has ridiculously high ceilings and I think we will need to hire someone. 

I still need to complete some summer projects, doing a major cleanout of the upstairs bathrooms drawers, cupboards etc.   Finish the mulch outside, clean the storage portion of the basement, wash  and clean out the kitchen cupboards, and tag everything for the next mothertime marketplace sale.  I usually procrastinate until the last week of summer and then go nuts but I have been doing pretty well doing a few projects each week.  Hopefully I can stay on this pace. 

We need to complete some more summer fun too, a trip to the beach, canalside, the zoo, the fair, Darien Lake, Maid of the Mist, the Canandian side of Niagara Falls, a trip to Letchworth. 

We are almost done with our summer packets although we could spend more time reading.  Evan is fantastic Sara needs more work.  She is very stubborn and the only thing she lacks confidence in is reading.  I am hoping it clicks in the fall.  Evan had  a slow start and then he exploded and became way above grade level.  Hopefully Sara will follow suit.  I do need to keep in mind that she is 10 months younger than he was at that age. 

A funny Sara story the other morning I hear her yelling Mom it was almost 5am, I asked her what was wrong and she told me "I am all out of sleep", well I carried her to our bed and within a few minutes she went back to sleep until around 7:30.  I don't think I am ever all out of sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment