Monday, February 9, 2015

7 Years Old

I am starting to feel like I blink and the year disappears.  We had a very busy Saturday.  Evan originally invited 6 friends to see Spongbob and to the movies and then added another, well it turned out we invited all the boys in the class and two from another class.  He ended up with ten friends here.  It was crazy but the boys had a blast and our house survived.

Loving his Buffalo Bills Football cards
 











We saw a 12:20 movie and then didn't return here until around 2:40 and the party ended at 3:30.    My saving grace was a Minecraft BINGO game I found online and printed.  It kept them completely engaged for about 20 minutes, we had cupcakes, opened gifts (they could have cared less)  and they played in the basement for a bit.  My observation is that boys with brothers are much more wild than my children.  There was many attempts at wrestling, some jumping on my couch, and some wildness.  Girls are much easier!!  Evan received a few Lego's he had already had and some Minecraft figures he had already.  He also received Battleship, a PacMan game, and some gift cards.  I returned some of the gifts to Target on Sunday and he said he barely received any presents.  The concept of gift cards hasn't hit yet.  Marc did take him to Toys R Us where he had $70 in gift cards and he didn't find anything he wanted.  He wants these little NFL lego figures that are very pricey.  I told him with the $40 he received from a friend and the $10 Grandma gave him that doesn't need to go in his bank account we could go to Ralph Wilson Stadium's store and pick up the figures.

The stadium went through some massive renovations this year and we drive past it every time we go to Target.  The retail store looks amazing and never seems to be busy.  While we are off next week on our February Break I will take him.  I asked him what his favorite gift was and it was the boxes of vintage Buffalo Bills cards (Jim Kelly era) and the Riddell NFL tracker mini-helmets  (to me they look like the helmets we could of bought in a gum ball machine when we were little).  We used a mine craft theme and I had no idea what to do for a cake and did one on a whim and I ended up impressing myself. 

One of the most exciting parts of turning seven has been a surprising change at dinner the past two nights.  On Sunday I cooked pork chops and Sara asked if she could have Spaghetti so Marc made her a separate meal.  Evan started eating pork chops, buttered noodles and peas and looked over at Sara's and told us that looks pretty good.  Then he asked if he could have some.  Whoa... this is a big deal because he never offers to try anything new.  We gave him half of it off of Sara's plate which didn't make it look that attractive and he tried it and then proceeded to eat all of it and told us it was pretty good.  We felt like we had won the lottery!  Tonight I made cube steaks for the Sara and put it on Evan's plate, he has eaten these twice before and said they were ok.  Well he didn't say a word and ate all of it along with mashed potatoes and broccoli and pineapple.  He then asked if tomorrow we could have spaghetti again.  Wow two new meals to the repertoire added in two days I am giddy and they are both easily made. 

I wish I could figure out a way to easily add the pictures and video's from my iPhone to this blog I haven't been using my camera that much lately and my close up vision has been changing (Thank you 40's) and if I am not careful I often get blurry pics!  Any advice??

No comments:

Post a Comment