Sunday, September 7, 2014

A new year...

I started this last week... and added more, so its jumping around a bit. 

We started a new school year.  Sara will be wearing a uniform for the first time and told me how pretty it was as she was preparing for bed.  Evan has told her they are very ugly.  She woke up and was so excited.  She was so giddy to put on her jumper it was adorable. 

We have been busy making bows via pinterest, learning sight words, practicing writing our letters, and having lots of fun.  Tonight I read her "The Night Before Kindergarten" and after we talked and cuddled for a few minutes she asked to have it read again.  I wish I could keep her little for a long, long time. 

Evan has progressed into the I want to be with my friends stage.  We have had lots of playdates this summer and he has a good friend that lives across the street.  They love to play together. 

We were fortunate to have lots of fun this summer the zoo, Fantasy Island, Canalside, the beach, our cottage, gymnastics lessons, soccer, dance lessons, swim lessons, Lego Mindcraft camp, a trip to Florida, blueberry picking, strawberry picking, and lots of time to relax together.  Sara is still picking strawberries everyday in our garden.  She loves the garden and loves to share it with the neighborhood kids.  Today they were all pulling up carrots. 

Well 3 days into the year and the kids are happy.  Evan is in a class of 15 and Sara in a class of 16.  This is a big change for us.  Last year many schools were closed and many families joined our school.  Each grade increased from one to two classes per grade.  Sara has Evans teacher from last year, and Evan has a teacher who is certified in elementary but had taught middle school in the past.  So far the kids are fine.  Evan told me Sara has it much better because Kindergarten and PreK were easier and they had time to play!

I have the juniors I had last year as Seniors.  I really like these kids and have them 3 periods per day.  We had open house on Thursday night so I was able to tell there parents how lucky I am to have the kids for the second year.  These are the kids we will take to NYC in November.  I also have a Keyboarding class and a Junior class of College Success Skills, and two study halls.  The good thing is I am not traveling around the building, the bad thing is I have lunch at 10:15, and don't have another break until 2:05.  In the past I had a 11:00 lunch and could run over and have lunch with my kids occasionally.  Unfortunately it won't happen this year. 

We start Dance again this week and Evan is playing school soccer.  Our first game will be this weekend.  I am hoping for sunshine.  I am such a fair weathered fan!nn

1 comment:

  1. 10:15 is rather early for lunch! I hope you three each have a GREAT school year!

    ReplyDelete