Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Summer Vacation Comes to an End




Why does it feel like each summer vacation passes quicker than the last? When I was pregnant and on bedrest each day felt like eternity. I was excited each evening when I could empty my vitamin box and take the days vitamins. Each week it felt like a major milestone to be able to refill the box. I had 42 days of complete bedrest and never craved grocery shopping so badly! Now I feel like I blinked and our summer has ended.

I told Evan that next summer will be even more fun. Sara will be older and we will be able to do even more. Hopefully he will learn to swim next year.

We spent ten minutes doing a photo shoot around the yard and the pictures turned out really well. Sara poses much better than Evan.

Evan came in our room this morning at 6:15 and asked why I had those clothes on, meaning work clothes. He said the hair dryer woke him up. We managed to get out of the house on time, although no one was hungry at 7am (we have been sleeping in to 7:15-7:5). Today I took them to the sitters. They haven't seen her since June. Evan ran inside and was all smiles, Sara took off for the toys in the living room and pulled out the stroller. No one seemed to care that I was leaving. Evan gave me Holley Shiftwell to keep in my pocket in case I needed help at school. He is so sweet. At the end of the day everyone was still happy. Evan took a one hour nap, something that doesn't happen at home. I said did you have a fun day or did you miss Mommy he said he had a fun day.

No comments:

Post a Comment