Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Five years ago I was eagerly but nervously awaiting the arrival of our twin sons. Instead I faced the second funeral in a year. Our daughter Rachel was stillborn on January 17, 2005 after 4 years of infertility treatments. I thought I'd never smile again. In July I found out I was pregnant with twin sons and as nervous as I was my Dr. told me lightening doesn't strike twice. Little did he know it did strike twice. On December 10th I was having lots of contractions and was admitted to the hospital. Thinking my contractions were under control I was moved to the non urgent floor. I sent Marc home and within a few hours I was spotting. The nurse told me not to worry, well my intuition was right. I ended up going into labor. Marc rushed back to the hospital and I delivered our sons. Joshua was born on 12/11/05 and Nathan on 12/12/05. The boys were a few days shy of 24 weeks. The point at which our local childrens hospital will intervene. To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment